We couldn’t decide between the chicken and the fish dishes this week… both quick, both super tasty, both super good for you! So I am going to share both… And if you are looking for a delicious hot veggie salad, then I am going to share that too as it would be a wonderful side for either dish or just a main with some green leaves too. It is also fantastic for curbing sweet cravings…
Healthy Chicken Kiev from Jamie Oliver’s 5 Ingredients
This smells divine and is a taste sensation and actually really quick to throw together. You could make a gluten free version with gluten free breadcrumbs or using ground almonds.
2 chicken skinless chicken breasts (go for the best quality possible, organic, grass fed etc)
2 slices of seeded granary bread
1 clove of garlic, peeled, and chopped
- Place the 2 chicken breasts between cling film or baking parchment and bash out the frustrations of your day! (I used a rolling pin!)
- Put the bread and garlie in your nutribullet / food processor and whizz to find bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over both sides of the chicken and then re-wrap in the clingfilm / baking parchment and bash again.
- Warm some oil (I used coconut, but you could use olive) and then put the chicken in the pan and seal both sides. Fry for 3-4 minutes each side, until golden brown on the outside and cooked on the inside. (After sealing, I then put my pan in my top aga on the floor and left for 15 minutes.)
- Serve with the rocket and lemon.
I also served with a herby quinoa side and a big green salad.
Seabass with Salsa from Gwyneth Paltrow’s It’s all good
I love fish and my intentions is to get my non fish eating husband too also! And we both really enjoyed this dish.
For the salsa (serves 2-3)
1/4 cucumber, diced small
1 clementine, diced small
1/4 red chilli, finely diced
1/2 red onion (I used a couple of spring onions)
1 tblsp of coriander (I didn’t use as not a great fan!)
1 tblsp of mint finely chopped
juice of one lime
Rub the the seabass in a little oil and salt, pop in a very hot pan, skin side first. It will only take a few minutes to cook either side.
Simply mix all the salsa ingredients together and pop on top of the fish. And it smells divine and fresh.
I served with my hot sweet root veg salad below and a green leaf salad with a light lemon / oil dressing.
Hot sweet root veg salad from Ali’s head!
1 butternut squash, skinned, deseeded and cut into bite size chunks
5 beetroots, washed and cut into bite size chunks
1 avocado destoned and chopped into chunks
small bunch of parsley roughly chopped
For the dressing:
1 tblsp dijon mustard
1tblsp raw cider vinegar
1tblsp local rapeseed oil
1 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- Drizzle the the butternut squash and the beetroot with a little olive oil, S & P and in to a hot oven to roast for 30-45 minutes. They will be done when they are slightly caramelising on the edges.
- Put all the dressing ingredients in to the serving bowl and whisk until thick and creamy.
- Tip the roasted veg into the dressing and toss to coat. Add in the avocado and parsley and toss again and serve immediately.